Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Rainbow of My Own

We have been on rainbow's this past week, and it has been a lot of fun.
We read the book A Rainbow of My Own by: Don Freeman
It's about a little boy who uses his imagination to play with rainbows.

After reading the book we decided we needed a rainbow of our own! But how?
Here's how...
We filled a glass 3/4 of the way full with water
Put a small mirror inside the the glass of water at an angle. Make sure the mirror is submerged.
Then we placed it in a dark area and shined the flashlight into the mirror to reflect on the wall.
And here were the results below:

Move the flashlight around as needed to look for the rainbow to appear on the wall.



As we moved the flashlight around we started to see the rainbow colors appear.
They were very excited and started naming the colors of the rainbow they saw!
:)

I'm linking to:
Classified: Mom

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a super thing to do with kids! (Even quite fascinated this adult!). It occurs to me your kids might love my story of Merrilyn the kangaroo. I've started telling it from when she was a really tiny joey and you'll find it at http://www.kangaroosofthescrubbybush.com I add a new piece each Friday.

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

Great idea!! i'll so have to do this with my kids... if only i could trust them with a glass of water lol!!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Hi! Following you from the Sunday blog hop! I Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Hi! Following you from the Sunday blog hop! I Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog! Happy Sunday! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

Http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Aimee said...

That is amazing! I never knew you could do that! Thank you so much for sharing this idea at The Sunday Showcase- make sure to link up again next week ;-)

Twitter Bird Gadget