We had been planning our annual "Camping Out Day" for a little while now. These children love to go outside and set up the tent, have a picnic, and pretend we really are camping out.
We had been having the most beautiful weather, and planned the day we would have it. All the kids get prepared by bringing camping items from home. They bring sleeping bags, flash lights, cooking equipment, back packs and whatever we can come up with.
So the day finally arrived and everyone was so excited! And out of no where it seemed, it RAINED!
What?! Their little faces were so disappointed. I just looked at them and said, well we can not let rain stop us! We will move it indoors. And so we did!
I set the tent up inside and man did they ever love this! It was different, but very cool to them. There seemed to be no extra room in my living room after setting up the tent and getting all the camping equipment out.
They were even all geared up and ready for their day!
We made sandwiches, had drinks in the water bottles and then made Smores!
Smores on a Stick
Visit there, so many things for kids!
- Items needed to make S’Mores on a stick:
- Graham Crackers
- Lollipop sticks
- Dipping Chocolate
- Crush the graham crackers
- Heat the chocolate in microwave two-three minutes
- Take the sticks and insert them into the marshmallows
- Dip in chocolate then roll in the graham crackers
- Set them in a plate for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
- And they are so delicious!
After we ate lunch and had our smores it was nap time.
They actually took their nap in the tent and went to sleep!
Very fun day!
I'm linking to:
- Link & Learn at No Time For Flash Cards