Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fence Painting

Now isn't this just beautiful?
Photo
This is how the set up went this morning. I went out in the back yard and hung their art sheets on the the fence with clothes pins. We brought out different colors of tempera paint, foam roller paint brushes, and paint trays. I really didn't have to show them anything.
Photo
They went straight to work! 
Photo
 This type of fence provided a good texture for them to paint with. They were very engaged with their art, being easel style if you would. More so than when we are at the table painting.

Photo

Photo

 And so excited! I'm called here Lori, Dori, Mama, and YeYe so that's all I kept hearing was my names being called to look at what they were doing and giggling the whole time. And yet still had serious faces!
Now what do you think? The future Picasso's is what I'm thinking here.
I'm so proud of them!
Classified: Mom

Photobucket







GettingMessyWithMsJessi

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll have to try this with Jack sometime. Our fence is higher, so we'll have to tape it up or something, but I think painting like this (standing at an easel) will be fun for him. Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

We love painting outside! Then at home you can just hose off with the water hose =)

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

what a great activity!!!! :) fantastic photos

AdventuresFrugalMom said...

returning your follow I loved the fence painting that is too cute

Vicki said...

You are a great caregiver!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

This looks like so much fun. I used to do something similar when we lived in a house with a fenced in yard. There's no fence here - we're not on a main road anymore - so I'll have to find a different way to do this.

That's Life said...

Oh my gosh, looks like fun! Going to have to try this.

Jen said...

Fun! We are getting a new fence soon so maybe I will just the boys paint onto the fence before it gets torn down. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I followed your other blog but not this one and I HAVE TOTALLY BEEN MISSING OUT!! You have such awesome ideas here! I just clicked the follower button...So excited to explore your blog more.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Too much fun!! They made pretty paintings, too!!

Twitter Bird Gadget