Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rainbow Crayons




We have been waiting for-ever it feels like to make these!
Finally we had enough old broken crayons to make Rainbow ones.

 I helped the boys tear the paper off and break the old crayons. 
This process took about thirty minutes.

I sprayed the muffin tin with cooking spray first.
Here there are in the muffin tin. I used one layer, I think two layers would have been better.

I pre-heated my oven to 350 degrees while we tore the paper off.
Then placed them in the oven for about ten minutes, carefully watching them because wax can burn.
I very carefully took them out when they were done and left them on the counter to harden.

When they hardened they looked like this.


One didn't make it. I was checking to see if it had hardened and it stuck to the pan.
Oh well, these are some cute and they love them!
:)

3 comments:

AmyD said...

Love it!! So much fun!

Lori said...

It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to make more!

Kim said...

Looks like they had fun making then.

Twitter Bird Gadget