Thursday, September 15, 2011

We're Going On A Bear Hunt | Letter Bb Week

Photo

I read the book 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' by Michael Rosen and when I heard the children say "AGAIN, "AGAIN"! This is what I did, I showed them a video of the author telling the story which I knew they would love. I posted it below.

At first they looked at the video strange, then they started laughing, never taking their eyes off of him! LOL


After the video I asked them if they would like to go on a bear hunt, and they replied "YES!"
Photo
I made twenty of these teddy bears the night before out of cardstock, drew the faces, numbered, laminated. The next morning I went outside and hid them around the yard.
Not in very hard spots.

Photo
She found a few.




When we went back inside we played a matching the bear game with his family.




They would match the colors as we sang a tune.

Example: Brown Bear, Brown Brown where's your family? repeat

or Yellow Bear, Yellow Bear where's your family? repeat

Some kids would place their bear down with it's family right away. One child would do a dance, turn around and then place his bear down. This was really a fun, fun game!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

I'm linking to:





Shibley Smiles


Preschool Teacher

We were featured on the Sunday Showcase!
Classified: Mom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I haven't read this story with my kids yet. It looks like a MUST! That video is so silly.

Unknown said...

The video is such fun! I love your bear hunt! Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.

Kim @ The Learning Hypothesis said...

Super Cute ideas

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

super fun bear activities Lori - love the bear hunt & matching game!

Hope to have you link up with the Sunday Showcase friend!

Bern

Aimee said...

Omigoodness- my daughter would love to play this game! I am going to post it on FB and twitter- love it Thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase!

Cacheymama said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday. What a great idea! I love it.
Lori

Twitter Bird Gadget