Sunday, September 26, 2010

Letter Cc Week

The Very Hungry Caterpillar and 
The Carrot Seed

For the Letter Cc week we focused on the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Carrot Seed. Both awesome books in my opinion.
 We made a few crafts to along with each one. I found this cute Cc is for caterpillar here at Confessions of a Home Schooler. I punched out circles for them to glue around the caterpillar, then they traced the Cc and colored him. These will go in our binders.
We also did a coop Hungry Caterpillar to hang in our room. I can't remember where I got this from.
They colored by word a Very Hungry Caterpillar



For the Carrot Seed we practiced big to small with carrots.

And for a craft I drew the Letter C on construction paper, and took orange construction paper and let them tear pieces to glue around their C to make a carrot.
 C is for circles
Art we used TP rolls and lids from jars I saved to paint circles on cardstock. This also went into their binders.
I love the way some kids felt that the whole page needed circles, and another child just needed a few for his picture.

They also practiced tracing, pre-writing
Big C - little c
I took a sheet of paper and drew the Upper case C on it and took small stickers and wrote the lower case c on them for the boys to stick around the upper case letter.

I also print a book each we to color and read, but it's not pictured.
And that was our Letter Cc week! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have so many great ideas on your blog. Thanks for linking up with fun for kids Friday.

Heather @ www.localfunforkids.com
/ www.PreschoolBuddy.com

Twitter Bird Gadget