Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Q-Tip Skeleton




Another cute cute craft we just had to do! Very simple, my hardest part was drawing the skull, funny. No two were alike though!
I found this craft over at Crafts-For-All-Seasons.

Items needed for craft:
18 Q-tips (although we didn't use 18 each)
Black paper
White paper
Scissors
Glue

We used black construction paper. I drew a skull on white paper, circle eyes, triangle nose, boxed teeth, and cut that out and glued to black construction paper.
I glued the back bone first. This is how it became I did not use 18 Q-tips! OOPS!
So, I had to cut four Q-tips in half for the ribs and glue in place.
Then preceded with legs and feet which are also different from CFAS.
Added arms and fingers.
I still believe our craft came out cute!

Link over to the Crafts for All Seasons for step by step instructions.
There are lots of cute crafts there!


We also read two books to go along with our craft.


Spooky Hour by: Tony Mitton - This is a great counting and rhyming book.
Skeleton hiccups by: Margery Cuylery - Super cute and funny book about a skeleton that has the hiccups and can't seem to get rid of them.

They also enjoyed a video I found on youtube called The Skeleton Dance

No comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget