Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Calender Day 6 | Little Tree





It's Day 6 of  our Advent Calender. 
Today we had to color a Christmas page.
But first I wanted to read this book called 
Little Tree
By: E.E. Cummings


I just love the illustrations in this book!
It has a wonderful poem at the beginning of the book.  Little Tree dreams of being a Christmas tree someday. One day a little family brought little tree to their little house and hung little lights and little ornaments on Little Tree. Now Little Tree has his own Little Home.

After reading the book I gave the children a picture of Little Tree in the little city to paint with water colors. I drew this last night and made copies for each child. It's the same picture from the front of the book, well almost. :)



 I think they came out great!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Lori

No comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget