Thursday, January 26, 2012

Letter Gg Week

Our week began by reading "My Book about Gg" in our lap books.

We read the book together and they color each page in the book. Then we identified the pictures in the lap book and re-enforced the g sounds.

At the top of the lap book is " My Book About Green". Also identifying to the children that the color green begins with g and in this book are things that are green. So armed with a couple of shades of green they colored their green book.



Day 2
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
We read the book 
"The Three Billy Goats Gruff"
However this is not my copy I read, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same.
After the book we re-told and re-created the story on paper.
This will go into their binders.



Grapes
Then I decided to finally make use of the bubble wrap.
I pre-cut the papers.
Using their tot trays and purple paint they painted the cut pieces of bubble wrap.

When finished painting they flipped the white sheet of paper on to the painted bubble wrap.
And then glued to the green paper. This will go in their ABC Binders.


Do a Dot Sheets

Find the Gg's


Credit's for activities and worksheets:
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Lori

Classified: Mom

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Very Cool! Tell the kids I said it looks amazing.

Patricia aka Mamaw

Following via FNFW blog hop. Following you on GFC.

http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

Twitter Bird Gadget