Wednesday, October 24, 2012

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat! and a Bat Craft


Today we read the book
"There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat!"
by: Lucille Colandro

This book is about an old lady who swallowed a wizard, some bones, a goblin, a ghost, a cat, an owl, and a bat! Imagine that! We read this book over and over, what a hit!
After the excitement of the book we made a bat craft, that turned into two crafts!

Above is the finished craft. It didn't quite turn out like I thought, but that's alright.


For the bat craft we used:
A bat template from google
Black construction paper
Pom-poms to paint with
Painter's tape to tape down the bat template
paint tray
Different color paint, we used Halloween colors


 found craft here.
 And above is the surprise craft, I really love this one!
These will go in their binders.

 We also worked in their lapbooks. We read over the Halloween words and counted Halloween spookies. I forgot to share a picture of the inside.
I cut pumpkins with my Cricut for them to draw faces on to make Jack-o-Lanterns, and they also traced the Letter Hh.

 Color the Pumpkin worksheet.
Pre-Writing practice, umm, I didn't pay attention to the top, Cutting practice. Anyway, they had three sheets this time.

All worksheets and Halloween word and counting book can be found here.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Lori

1 comment:

renae said...

Thank you for joining my site yesterday. I love your creativity and education talents combined. I have grandkids that can be amazed at me doing these projects with them. cool. I just joined you and invited my sister, Mary at merry dot dandy along.

Twitter Bird Gadget