Welcome to Week 2 of the Holiday Kid Craft Link Up!
The idea of the Holiday Kid Craft Link Up is to link up any Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter, New Years, any holiday or seasonal craft from now until the end of December.
- The craft must be kid friendly
- Do not link up your giveaways
- Submit the url of your post, not the blog's main page
- Include my button if you wish or link to me please
- Visit other blogs, this way we can all learn a new craft for our kids
- Your kids craft can be a new craft or one from your archives
- Please link to where you found the craft from if it's not your original
I want Thank everyone who joined in last week !
There were so many crafty link ups, were you inspired?
Here's what we made this week,
Leaf Garland painted with Acorns
Supplies we used :
- Fall colored tempera paints
- white card stock with oak leaf template printed from google
- hole punch
- tot trays
They have their acorns and are practicing how to roll the acorns back and forth on the leaf .
Here they all are completed and dried and cut out.
Now why didn't I think of that! What a great idea. That's how the garland idea came about.
And here it hangs in my dining room. Later will move it to our bare tree I made a few years ago in our play room.
Book to go along with craft
Nuts to You! by: Lois Ehlert
This is an awesome story about a boy telling the story of a mischievous squirrel who gets into everything just to get him some nuts. It is a must read for all preschoolers, so I just bought the book.
Our library has serious problems about buying the best books for their 5 branches. Sorry.
They really enjoyed this craft, and basically any craft we make. Children really love creating and are so proud themselves. And we always showcase their art in my house before sending it home.
Now it's your turn to show us what craftiness you and your child(ren) have been up to!
I'm sharing this craft with the Read.Learn.Explore. & Sunday Showcase.