Today we made peanut butter cookies and they are so good! We have made these before, but I wanted to share the recipe with everyone. The recipe is actually for peanut butter sandwich cookies. I've never made the filling before, the entire recipe is located at the end of this post.
Have you ever heard of the blog Mennonite Girls Can Cook? This is where the recipe came from.
You must visit their blog, their blog name is the God's honest truth! I love to use their recipes.
Oh and the best part of this recipe is that I had everything on hand!
And here I was totally impressed with this four year old who could crack an egg open! And not get any of the shell in the mix! He told me he could do it, and yes he did. He said that was his first time too.
Each child took a turn adding and mixing ingredients.
And just ten or twelve minutes in the oven...yum!
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Beat softened butter, peanut butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix till smooth.
- Drop by tbsp on a parchment lined cookie sheet, approx 2 inches apart.
- Press cookie with a fork dipped in sugar, the dough is soft, I double dipped the fork.
- Bake in 350º oven for 10 to 12 min or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Beat well until smooth.
- When cookies are completely cooled spread filling between cookies.
- Yield: 18 sandwiched cookies