Monday, June 20, 2011

5 A Day Books

5 A Day Books
5 a day books
If you would like to participate in the 5 A Day book challenge you can read about it HERE.


Here's our books for the week!

Hello, Red Fox
by Eric Carle


 This book is about a little frog's birthday, opposite's, and complementary colors.

Birds 
by: Kevin Henkes

This book is told from the perspective of a child. 
Bird colors, shapes, and with beautiful illustrations through out makes this a delightful read. 


Cat's Colors
by: Jane Cabrera

Cat talks about ten colors in this book and tells which ones are his favorites.

Planting a Rainbow
by: Lois Ehbert

This book is about a mother and child who plant flowers each year the colors 
of the rainbow in their family garden.

Why Is Blue Dog Blue?
A Tale of colors 
by: George Rodrigue

Blue dog will change many colors through out this book! 
This is a very fun book from a wonderful artist from Louisiana!
So I am very excited to read this book to the kids this week and give them a little brief
synopsis of  him. Also you can read here about the 
George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts:Youth Development
I love his Art!

 Have a Wonderful Week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What colourful choices! I love them. I'd forgotten all about Cat's Colours- one of my favourites to read to kids when I taught. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

These look so bright and fun. I am going to look for some of these at the library next time we go. We work work work on our colors. I think he may know them , he just does not yet say the words.

Lori said...

Lots of children know them, I don't know why they don't say them. My daughter was the same way until she was five! She said everything was orange. So when I registered her for kindergarten, I came home, told her i met with her teacher, and the teacher said she had to know her colors or she couldn't go to school!
Oh I hated to lie like that! But, it worked, she ran around, pointed to everything saying its color! Uh huh, just as I expected! ;) But, I didn't tell her that. :)

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great books we know and love them all. :)

mrsplymdaz said...

Love the selection!
I don't think I've actually heard of any of them, that's pretty rare for me!
Hope you have a good week

Twitter Bird Gadget