Monday, May 23, 2011

5 - A - Day - Books

We will now be participating in the 5-A-Day-Book Challenge

5 a day books
You can read all about it here

I'm very excited to participate, these children love books and so do I.

These are the books I have selected for our first week.

 The Kite by: Mary Packard
This is a My First Reader book. The book repeats twenty words throughout the entire book to help children recognized and understand their meaning.


Animals should definitely not where clothing. By:Judi Barrett
This is a short text book to me. Very comical story along with it's illustrations.
I find it introduces a few new words and keeps their interest. 


Cookies Week By: Cindy Ward
Teaches days of the week, cause and effect, short text, and plain cute book!

Go, Dog. Go! by P.D.Eastman
Not a very short book.
 It is a rhyming and opposites book.

Ten Little Fish by: Audrey Wood
This is short text rhyming and counting book.

:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Lori! Thanks for joining in our challenge! I look forward to seeing your book recommendations! :-)

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great list we love cookies week and 10 little fish!

Larissa said...

What great selections! I am definitely going to have to try to find the "animals should definitely not wear clothing" and "cookie's week" books - my little one would love them!
Good on you for joining in with the challenge - it has done wonders for my little one's language. She's even begun singing songs (ie. Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Happy [Birth]day to you, ABC, etc) just out of the blue since beginning this! Enjoy this weeks books!!

Lori said...

Animals should definitely not wear clothing is so cute! I was in a small book store near my home looking for another book when I ran across this one. I read it and and laughed out loud in the store! So I just bought it for the kids and they love it!
And cookies week is awesome! They are both great books.

Twitter Bird Gadget